We Are All Treaty People
Back by popular demand, we are thrilled to announce our show "We are all treaty people" developed in collaboration with THE mAKING tREATY 7 cULTURAL sOCIETY will be touring to venues and schools for a third year this spring 2019.
Inspired by the late Michael Green who approached quest with the vision to develop a youth version of hte highly successful Making Treaty 7 performance, We Are All Treaty People is an innovative theatrical adventure in which Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal artists explore with our audiences, the shared history of our ancestors. It is an immersive, interactive experience that will continue to inspire compassion and understanding, inviting people of all ages and backgrounds to consider an enlightened, sustainable future for everyone - together.
We Are All Treaty People is a show designed to be accessible to all ages of young people. At Quest we pride ourselves on our integrity and ability to provide youth with theatrical adventures that are age appropriate.
In the development of this important work we realized that youth must have the opportunity to share feedback and ask questions of the artists. It's important as well that the very young should have a version of the story that is appropriate and responsible to their level of growth. That is why we created different components to the in school experience, it allows schools, as well as Quest to design the program to best suite the individual school's audience needs.
What Does a Day in a School Look Like?
There are 5 main components to the in school "We Are All Treaty People" experience. They are:
1. We Are All Treaty People is the title of the 50-minute play with live music for grades 4 – 6.
2. As Long as the Sun Shines is the title of the 15-minute overhead projector play for K – 3. It is the same story as We Are All Treaty People, just condensed and more age appropriate.
3. These are the Names of the Treaty 7 Nations is the title of the song we sing for Kindergarten students and during the K – 3 projector play.
4. Question and Answer Period can be anywhere from 30 – 50 minutes
5. The Round Dance is an all school activity in the gym at the end of the day. Students spiral in the space so everyone can celebrate at the same time.
Sign Me Up!
**Please note: this show currently has a waitlist. To be added to our waitlist please click the link below**
If you are interested in having this show come to your school, or if you have any questions about the show or booking the show, please email our
Program Coordinator Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org
or give us a call at 403-264-8575.